Information for visa applicants
All foreigners whose residence permit expired during the state of emergency may stay in the Czech Republic for additional 60 days after the end of the state of emergency. This applies both to those who require a visa and those who are visa-free. Expired Schengen visa and visa-free stay does not need to be extended. Instead a so-called “exit stamp” will be issued at the time of departure. When the exit stamp is issued a foreigner must leave the country within 24 hours. More information can be found on the MOFA website.
Government visa programs are re-activated. Embassies accept selected residence permit applications:
- Visa/residence permit in Program Key and Scientific Personnel
- Employee card or blue card in Program highly qualified workers
- Employee card in Program qualified workers*
- Visa’s for the purpose of seasonal work
- Short term visa’s for family the purpose of: family, interest of the Czech Republic, international transport, critical infrastructure, diplomats and international organization staff, emergency situations, work in food industry, healthcare or social services, work on highly qualified positions in CZ-ISCO 1-3
- Residence permits for purpose of scientific research (including family members)
- Long term visa for purpose of study, culture, sports and working holiday
- Residence permit/permanent residency/long term visa for family purpose
- DV/R visa for purpose of collecting residence permit
*employee card applications in Program Qualified Worker are accepted, however visa for purpose of collecting residence permit will be issued only for positions in healthcare, social services.
Work permits which expired after March 12, 2020 remain valid until September 16, 2020 as long as the employment contract is extended for the same period of time. This applies to holders of following visa types:
- Short term schengen visa for purpose of work
- Short term visa for purpose of seasonal employment
- Long term visa for purpose of seasonal employment
- Special work visa
All above mentioned foreigners must leave the country by September 16, 2020
List of countries where diplomatic missions of the Czech Republic resume accepting and processing visa applications here.
More information on resumed visa agenda on above mentioned diplomatic missions:
In case of further visa related queries please contact us at: AFCemail@example.com